Saturday 15 June 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Liquid Sand - Can't Let Go

Purple glitter/sand finish  





I hadn't planned on picking up any of the textured polishes that have been released this year, I was totally 'meh' about crackle and had ruled these out as similar.

But I spotted the mini collection of OPI Mariah Carey Liquid Sand polishes for a nice price on a business trip to the US and decided to give them a try.

And hey, hands up, I was too hasty.  I really like them!

Can't Let Go (I know very little about Mariah Carey - I'm assuming these are song names?) is purple and packed with largish glitter pieces and with an underlying 'sand' base.  I'm sure it isn't actual sand in there but it definitely gives the impression of you having thrown a big handful of fine sand into a bottle of polish.

Because of the 'sandy' finish there's no shine although to me it's a sheen off being a true matte.  And I love the way the big glitter catches the light.

For me this swatch was 2 coats, although I possibly could've done with 3.

I really liked the finish and shine and wore this without topcoat.  And it wore like iron - very impressed.

2 comments:

  1. Although I'm not into the texture finishes - this is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!