Tuesday 11 June 2013

Essie - Raspberry

Berry pink creme

Another brand first for my blog, Essie!

Like Nubar I don't have a lot of Essies (< 30).  Until fairly recently they were a little hard to get hold of in the UK but since they were acquired by L'Oreal and went retail rather than salon only, they are now stocked in Boots where they retail for £7.99.

And for me Essie were traditionally associated with those pale pink, Ballet Slippers colours that just aren't me!

But of course the brand has majorly branched out over the past few years and have produced several iconic colours such as the super HTF Starry Starry Night,  Mesmerize, Sew Psyched and Merino Cool.

This isn't one of those colours...





Raspberry is a pinky red berry creme.  Much more a traditional Essie colour.  But pretty all the same.

Swatch shown is two coats with no top coat and you can see how shiny it is.

Application was great, Essie has a narrow longish brush that works well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!