Friday 22 January 2016

Next - Molten Platinum

Greenish Charcoal Pearl  





I always forget that Next make cosmetics, probably because I so rarely go in one!  But my lovely Sister had a Next perfume on her Christmas list so I found myself browsing around the cosmetics area and discovered some interesting nail polishes - and a deal, 3 polishes for £8!  So it would be rude not to, right?

First up is Molten Platinum which they say has a 'hardwearing pearl' finish.  I don't know about hardwearing but I'd agree it's pearly  - and also a bit metallic, no?

Molten Platinum is a charcoal grey pearl that leans a bit olive green.  I did google molten platinum to see what the real thing looks like but all the pics are of super hot hot orange/red stuff!

Being a pearl application was a little tricky as I was trying to avoid brushstrokes and the formula was kinda gloopy - you can see I had a little trouble getting a smooth looking finish near my cuticle.

Swatches are 3 coats with no top coat.

The bottle is a rectangle, similar in size/shape to American Apparel and NailGirls so I'd assume they're about 15ml.

I like the colour and I think it's pretty unique in my collection but the formula wasn't so great - so a bit of a mixed bag for me.

Anyone else tried Next polishes?

2 comments:

  1. Too bad about the formula, but the finish and slight shift is interesting and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, always a shame when something interesting is lacking on the formula

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!