Saturday 25 January 2014

Leighton Denny - Coconutty

Taupe with gold flaky shimmer  





Close up of the flaky shimmer...


Boy, I love this...

Leighton Denny Coconutty is a cool taupe with fine gold flaky shimmer, you'd think it might not work, taupe is primarily a cool toned colour so to mix gold in could jar, but it doesn't - it's fabulous.

I've seen other swatches where the base colour looks much warmer and chocolately, but on me it definitely leans cool taupe...

And such a cool name too, makes you think of a delicious dessert...

Swatch shown is 2 coats with no top coat, application & formula were great too.

3 comments:

  1. That is a very interesting polish - at first it made me think of Illamasqua Facet, but Facet is richer in the flakies - pretty non the less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, I wasn't familiar with Facet but can see they're part of the same family. Facet looks more purple and you're right the flakes are more obvious and a warmer mix of golds (nice swatches on your site btw!)

      Delete
  2. I love the shimmer and the name too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!