Sunday 29 January 2012

Barbara Daly Makeup - Midnight

Navy shimmer



Midnight is a blackened navy with a silvery blue shimmer

makeup is the cosmetics brand created for Tesco (a UK supermarket) by Barbara Daly, one of the first  professional British makeup artists to be well known.  Barbara Daly was certainly the first makeup artist I knew by name back in the late 70's.  Yes I'm as old as that sounds!

This one is a mini-ish bottle, at 7ml it's quite generous for a mini!

Formula was good, it's nicely opaque and I didn't have any trouble with the small brush.

Swatch shown is 2 coats, no top coat.  Apologies for the line on my ring finger, I have a silk patch holding a break together and it wasn't very well buffed or covered in this shot

Overall a nice polish, good colour although nothing unique. I do have a fair few navy shimmers but they call to me, like a siren!

The mini bottles retail for £3.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realise BD did nail polishes, may have to have a look next time I'm in Tesco! Pretty colour and sounds like a bargain too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!