Sunday 18 September 2011

Illamasqua - Raindrops

Grey jelly with silvery blue flakies

Thought I'd give you a break from the Sephora Nails Inc and show you a recent bargain I picked up from the Illamasqua sale that turned out to be so pretty.  

Raindrops was one of the winners of the Illamasqua competition from 2010 to design your dream colour.






I was nervous about this one, I knew it was going to be sheer and that some folk had found it streaky and too sheer and I'm not generally a sheer or a jelly fan.

But I loved it, I did 3 careful, thickish coats and it was fine. Better than fine, really pretty. Application was good, despite the sheerness.

Raindrops is a blue-toned grey jelly with mixed size pale silver flakies. They're not massively visible but they do add an extra dimension to the polish.

For me this polish was a welcome surprise and a great deal at £5 in the sale.

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous polish and you got it for really cheap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, and such a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty and unusual colour great bargain too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!