Monday 19 November 2012

Nails Inc November - Special Effects/Mirror Metallic - Swiss Cottage

Green/Gold/Turquoise Duochrome Metallic    

Swiss Cottage is one of 3 polishes I picked up recently from QVC as a Mirrored Metallic Collection and it's definitely the stand-out although perhaps not too unique.

And being a duochrome I took lots of pics to capture the colour shift.

Bottle Shot

Full Sunlight








Swiss Cottage has a base green colour which sometimes looks more blue/green with a strong gold duochrome.

Swatch is 2 coats with no top coat.

In the sunlight picture it loses all the duochrome but shows a very pretty fine sparkle.

It's definitely in the same family as Chanel's Peridot (and dupes) although I think Swiss Cottage might be more green/blue leaning and less warm gold than Peridot, but only a comparison will tell!


6 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful in the bottle! I don't really think that transfers to the nails...
    I like it best when it shows its turquoise side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, the blue/turquoise is pretty but not very visible..

      Delete
  2. I like the shift in this one - and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous swatches! I am a huge fan of Nails Inc but I love them mostly for their cremes. I too purchased this but I definately will be trying this colour soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - nails inc absolutely excel at cremes.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!