Thursday 10 September 2015

Leighton Denny - It's an Honour

Cool taupe shimmer/pearl  

Free with this months issue (October - Michelle Dockery cover) of Harper's Bazaar is a choice of 6 shades of Leighton Denny polish.   Now the magazine isn't something I'd normally buy and it's a rather hefty tome with a price tag to match of £4.40.

But £4.40 for a choice from six full size Leighton Denny polishes?  That's my kind of deal.  I think this is the 4th year Harper's have done a LD covermount.

I picked up two copies earlier this week with Morning Dew, a cool green creme and It's an Honour, featured today.

 




It's an Honour is a taupe (my fave) but it's unusual shade of taupe, being very cool and quite light, almost like it's been mixed with silver.  And the finish is somewhere between shimmer and pearl to me.

Application was good, I do like the narrow LD brushes and swatches shown are 2 thick coats, if you stick to thin you'll need 3.

I really like this colour, very work appropriate but still interesting.

UK readers, have you availed of the freebie polish?!

4 comments:

  1. I've still to try a LD polish. I've got a few bit still untried lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must, I'm quite a fan myself and the bottles are so chunky and expensive!

      Delete
  2. Oh I like this, must have missed these. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!