Thursday 17 May 2012

Boots 17 - Mellow Yellow


Banana yellow shimmer

I'm back!  Sorry things have been a bit sparse around these parts but I wasn't back many days after Madrid before I headed off for a 2-day conference in Reading (glamorous huh?!) and then a long weekend in the sunny, warm and rather more fantastic climes of Rome with my beloved.

It was the first time for both of us and we loved it, as is often said Rome truly is an open-air museum.  We're planning to go back and see all the stuff we didn't have time for this time!  Then back to work this week to find myself on a last minute trip to Edinburgh for a customer meeting.  Phew.

And no time for nail polish shopping on any of those trips.....

So here's a polish I picked up a couple of months ago, Mellow Yellow from (Boots) 17






Mellow Yellow is a slightly frosty banana yellow shimmer

Swatch is 3 coats with no top coat and while it's a little brushstrokey, I can live with it!

The colour is so pretty and springlike in the bottle, but so not me on the nails!  I do struggle with the yellows.

So there you have a lovely springy yellow - perhaps it will help bring the spring to the UK?!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly - I think it looks great on you. I need to try out two pale banana yellows myself, now I need to do it tomorrow LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems a very wearable yellow to me, I shall be heading to Boots tmr!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!