Tuesday 15 June 2010

Manhattan Collection 710G - now with pics!

I nearly didn't buy this - I had picked up a Manhattan on a previous trip to The Netherlands. 77 from the Quick Dry collection. It was shimmery beige with holographic glitter. Looked fab in the bottle, awful on the nails, it never seemed to dry (odd for a quick dry!) and the base was too pigmented for the glitter to show through. One of the few polishes that I'm happy to let go.

That was my only experience of Manhattan so I was somewhat cautious about getting any more but of course couldn't quite resist when I saw them in Germany. And I'm so glad I did!


Sun

This has restored my faith in Manhattan! It's a Collection polish, rather than Quick Dry (I have another Quickr Dry to try so will be interesting to see how that one behaves) with the catch name of 710G.

The bottle is unusually shaped, to me it's trying too hard to be modern and ends up a bit 80's/dated looking.

It's a mid/dark blue creme that never looks black. Application was fantastic, so opaque it was almost a one-coater, flowed well onto the nail, no cuticle flood, minimal cleanup, shiny and generally easy to work with.



Shade

This is 2 coats with no topcoat.

Love it - anyone else got good experiences with Manhattan polishes or thoughts on that bottle shape?

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm...the pictures aren't showing up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberly - internet connection was playing up last night so pics didn't upload - but looked ok from my end - doh! Fixed now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, reminds me of OPI Dating A Royal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks magnificant on your nails. I think I like :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a drop dead gorgeous color! I have never had any of the Manhatten polishes, but if I had the budget and could find them, I'd go for it. I'm not sure I'd love that bottle shape, I wonder, was it hard to hold onto the cap?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!