Thursday 5 November 2009

Cheapies

Last weekend I was over in Slough. It's fair to say that Slough is not the most high end shopping experience, so after splurging at TK Maxx (TJ Maxx to US readers) I went cheapie hunting and boy, did I haul! I picked up 20 polishes, all of which were less than £3 each and most were less than £2. Some brands I'd heard of (NYX, Star Gazer, Wet n' Wild, Sleek and W7) and some were new to me (X-Plode, Make-up Academy and Go) and a mixture of US and UK brands.

First up is Mystery from Make-up Academy






It's a slightly grey toned dark blue shimmer with the blue leaning towards Air Force blue and some fine silver glitteriness.

This is 2 coats with topcoat. For a polish that cost £1.99 the application was pretty sweet, the brush was a good length and shape and the polish was opaque in two coats.

I really like this colour, the shimmer is good and I like the fact that it's not your bog standard deep blue shimmer, of which I have too many to mention!

I bought this (and two other colours) from Savers, a discount drugstore and I'm assuming it's their own brand and is unique to them.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ Ups...
    Great colour and beautiful nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks hun, pretty pleased this one is so nice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!