Next - Molten Platinum

Greenish Charcoal Pearl  





I always forget that Next make cosmetics, probably because I so rarely go in one!  But my lovely Sister had a Next perfume on her Christmas list so I found myself browsing around the cosmetics area and discovered some interesting nail polishes - and a deal, 3 polishes for £8!  So it would be rude not to, right?

First up is Molten Platinum which they say has a 'hardwearing pearl' finish.  I don't know about hardwearing but I'd agree it's pearly  - and also a bit metallic, no?

Molten Platinum is a charcoal grey pearl that leans a bit olive green.  I did google molten platinum to see what the real thing looks like but all the pics are of super hot hot orange/red stuff!

Being a pearl application was a little tricky as I was trying to avoid brushstrokes and the formula was kinda gloopy - you can see I had a little trouble getting a smooth looking finish near my cuticle.

Swatches are 3 coats with no top coat.

The bottle is a rectangle, similar in size/shape to American Apparel and NailGirls so I'd assume they're about 15ml.

I like the colour and I think it's pretty unique in my collection but the formula wasn't so great - so a bit of a mixed bag for me.

Anyone else tried Next polishes?

Comments

  1. Too bad about the formula, but the finish and slight shift is interesting and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, always a shame when something interesting is lacking on the formula

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I appreciate all of them!